Looking for Financial Aid?
The 2020 Calvert Local Scholarship Application (CLSA) Portal is Open
This application enables students to apply for scholarships from a number of local organizations. (Some of the scholarships have added requirements, so please read and follow the instructions carefully.)
Feel free to share the following documents. The application deadline is March 9, 2020.
Download the announcement flyer
Download the scholarship application
Download the application instructions
A CLSA committee member has been assigned to work with the Guidance Department in each of the four public high schools. They will assist with answering student questions and retrieving the hand delivered applications on March 9th.
Applications mailed to the CLSA Manager’s P.O. Box will be retrieved in a timely manner. Other committee members will perform outreach by circulating the announcement to community organizations, sharing on social media and at events.
Note the following 2020 CLSA schedule:
- March 9, 2020: Applications must be postmarked or emailed no later than 5:00 p.m. *Applications may be delivered to the Guidance Department at local high schools no later than dismissal on March 9, 2020.
- March 19, 2020: CLSA Manager will send an email to each applicant acknowledging receipt of the application.
- April 2, 2020: Scholarship Providers will receive the digital applications for the awarding process.
- April 23, 2020: Scholarship Providers will contact their winners to announce the award and email to CLSA the winner(s) name, high school or college, and contact information.
- May 6, 2020: CLSA Scholarship Providers & Recipients Celebration at the Calvert High School Atrium. The CLSA Manager will invite one Provider Representative, each recipient plus two guests, high school representatives, and community stakeholders.
For more information, visit https://www.clsap.org/
Many thanks to the CLSA and Concerned Black Women of Calvert County for providing this service to our community.